Tempera and 3D Drawing workshops
by Hugues Delbergue
( location )
These Egg Tempera training courses have been designed to bring basic knowledge to beginners and a different approach to oil painters. This introduction is meant to help to carry on personal research. Workshops are limited to six participants and are organized in four sessions of 2 hours and half for each one. According to the demand, the sessions can be compacted in two days, for instance over a week end, but they can also be spread over several days, in order to share time with your touristic, cultural or sporty activities. Coming workshops will be advertised here. They will be established accordingly to your demand and your booking .
- History of the painting technic.
- The different combinable binders, pure powder pigments and supports.
- Experimentation of Saponified wax paint on paper (Textures, shadings, glazings, etc.)
- Individual preparation of a panel in several steps
Second session Practice continue
- Everyone carries on the preparation of his panel.
- First experimentations of Egg Tempera on paper.
- Textures, shadings, glazings, etc.
- Creation of abstractions which could be starts for the imagination.
- Execution of an abstract or figurative draft on paper.
- Start of the Egg Tempera draft on panel.
Free subject to be chosen accordingly to everyone potential :
- Abstract composition from the previous experimentations
- Copy of a master through a color print
- Personal composition
- from Photographic documents
- from direct observation.
Everyone carries on with his Egg Tempera painting.
Fourth or last session
Final outcome of the Egg Tempera painting. Relaxation and conviviality will be appointed to this ultimate session ending by an unveiling.
These workshops are taking place on the French Riviera, in Beaulieu-sur-Mer ( Provence-Beyond ) which means nice place by the sea. This seaside little city is located at Walking distance from the Well known Cap Ferrat and between Nice and Monaco, 8 Km (15 minutes) from Nice, 12 Km (20 minutes) from Monaco. Further to the West side is Cannes (1 hour driving), Saint Tropez (2 hours driving) and the Provence with Marseilles. Further to the East is the Italian border at 40 minutes driving. Beaulieu-sur-Mer is a Charming Place for its climate & leasures : beaches & yachting harbor, hiking & skiing at 1h30, casino, movie theater, restaurants, stores, Provencal market.
Transportation : trains, buses, Nice International airport is at 30 minutes.